Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On Hiatus

Tomorrow I am doing something I am very excited about... I am having my tonsils removed!! I know most people had this done when they were about 10, but I waited until I am 28 and it is a much more dangerous surgery with a much longer recovery time. YAY! Over the past 2 years, my tonsils swell and I get sick. This has been happening about every other month, so finally I am having them removed. I will be here for the better part of tomorrow.
By the way - I tried to find a cute cartoon picture of tonsils, they don't exist, so I settled for the hospital.

How does this affect the training... a lot!! My lunch run with Jess today will be my last workout for awhile. I forgot my HR monitor, but she kept me paced better than I did yesterday on my own - and it was faster than last week. I am starting to figure this whole thing out... I will be out of commission for about a week and a half, if not longer. My Dr. knows I am 'in training' and will do the best he can to keep me safe and have a quick recovery. I would like to think that even if I wasn't in training, he would do the same. Either way, it helps!

I also don't really have internet at home (the horror) so I might not be able to post any of my wonderful recovery stories for awhile.

I will post again when I am tonsil free!!!

1 comment:

Spandex King said...

Here's to a speedy recovery!!