Friday, September 14, 2007

Last Night's Swim and Today’s Run

First and foremost, the major crisis of the moment has been solved. When I got home last night, I worked on the trainer and removed Carlos for its grips. Logic and turning the correct knobs in the correct direction DO NOT go together.

Last nights swim was good. Not many people were there so it was just me and one guy in the lane. I have noticed that if you swim straight, not many people jump into the lane with you. If you are done sets, they interrupt and hop in. Anyway, it was a decent swim, 1650M – 1 mile – in around 35 min. Pretty standard.

My run was uber slow again today, but my average HR was 159. Jess missed out on another 35 minutes of me complaining on how much I hate "running" like this. But, hopefully Coach will be happy. I run on the Mall, it’s flat and nice. Now that school has started, there are fewer tourists. That makes me VERY happy.
Tomorrow Carlos and I have a date at Hains Point for an hour. Nice and flat, but it has been a month since we have been together on the road. I will do some speed work that Roxanne suggested and hopefully it won’t rain.

Sunday I am planning on taking him to the Mount Vernon Trail for about 90 minutes.
Good times should be had by all.

1 comment: