Monday, September 17, 2007

A Mighty Wind

Saturday was a good ride. Slept in a bit, felt nice and rested for a good ride. Stepped outside and turned right back around. It was CHILLY!! The news said it was bad but WOW!!! I was not expecting that. Grabbed a long sleeved shirt and was on my way.

I like biking at Hains Point. It's a nice, flat, 3.2 mile loop (or 5.6 for the long course, but I was just doing the short one). You start at the S and follow the green line. I had to bike for an hour. 5 loops, 16 miles - knew it would take me a bit over an hour, but that as my goal. Pretty easy, right?
WRONG!!!
What I added to the map are my arrows and text in white to describe where I was and what I saw. White Caps. On the POTOMAC! As I am biking directly into the wind.
IT BURNED!!!

Now, realistically, I know this is good for me. There are very few hills in the DC area, but man... did I feel the burn! Almost, almost, as much as hills.

Overall, it was a good ride. 1 hour 5 min, so I was happy with the time - even with the wind.

Mom and Dad - the title of this post does have to do with the wind. Also with a really good movie "A Mighty Wind". It's about folk music - but not really. We saw the end of it when I was just home. I HIGHLY recommend. I thought this was the appropriate post to remind you to go and rent it.

No comments: