Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Circle Swimming

If I may quote Coach "Your training for an Ironman NOW, not later!" Wow, this is actually happening...

I went to the Y last night for my swim. It has been really crowded lately (4-5 per lane) and people tend not to circle swim correctly. It's annoying. Some nights they close 2 lanes for the Masters team. Again, annoying because I am not packed into a lane with more people who don't know how to circle swim. I have added a visual aid to help people understand the correct way to circle swim.

Today is my 'long run'. 45 minutes. I gave coach my workout log for last week and was reminded, again, that I need to pick up the biking.

Also, my HR is too high on runs. I have always had a high HR during my run/walk. I seriously don't think I will even be running to keep it as low as he wants me too. But this is what he is talking about with my patience.

"Patience is the key to success in Ironman training. Let your body make its adaptations. "

Fine - I guess this is why I am paying him.

2 comments:

Spandex King said...

The Journey Begins Now. Good Luck. I agree with you, a year out is crazy!

Kat~ said...

Good job on your swim!!! I was in that line and got in also. If you get a chance, would love to know who you picked for your coaching.
Kat~