Saturday, September 1, 2007

Jersey - 2 weeks in a row

My schedule isn't the most convenient right now to be biking every weekend.
Last weekend I was lucky enough to be in my friends wedding, which happened to be in Jersey.

I was up on Thursday, we had lunch on Friday, rehearsal dinner Friday night, hair Saturday morning followed by the wedding, brunch on Sunday followed by the 3+ hour drive back to DC. And I loved every minute of it. However that left only Friday morning to get my run in. And I did, and it was humid!!! But, I felt good about getting the run in. The groomsman I walked with discovered I am training for the Ironman and was so excited for me. It is really nice to have support from not only from my friends, but their friends as well.

This weekend I am back in Jersey for a good bye to summer and it's Lauren's birthday beach house weekend. Again, not the easiest place to do a few long bike rides. And I didn't bring my bike with me. However, the house is on this little inlet of water about .25 miles long. So after breakfast, I put on my suit, cap and goggles and jumped in. But the best part is that I was not alone. Kristin and S, Lauren and Michael all kayaked with me to keep me safe from boats. And gave me water to wash out the salt water taste in my mouth. How great is that!?!?!

With this race 53 weeks away, I am so lucky to have the support and encouragement from everyone around me. I am sure they will get sick of me at times, but we do that to each other even if an Ironman wasn't involved.

No comments: