Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Coach

I want to cross the finish line. I have 17 hours. I wanted to find someone who would not push me beyond what I can do, but still get me across the finish line. I went with Coach.

At first I didn't think Coach was right for me. He seemed a bit too hard core. I my intro e-mail, I told him about my self (size included) and race/activity back ground.
His response "Well, you certainly don't have the background one would expect to even think about trying an Ironman"
Um, okay... He proceed to talk about what he has done, blah blah blah, but ended with
"Anyway, enough gabbing, lets get started! I've got an Ironman to build! Coach"
I liked that.
After a few more e-mails and a phone call, I decided he was the one for me. We are finding the balance of starting 13 months before the race, having patience, not getting burned out too soon, but still "starting to train like an Ironman".

He is totally hard core, knows his stuff and I truly believe he will get me across the finish line, in 17 hours or maybe a few minutes less.

No comments: