Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amazing What You Can Smell in a Pool

I know you have all been dying to know how my baked spaghetti turned out. Well, that was my lunch today and it was pretty good! And it's a good thing because I have 7 containers left. This dish contains ground beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, and of course spaghetti noodles - I used whole wheat. It also contains onions and green peppers. Now that tastes good for lunch; however, peppers and onions stick with for a few hours - especially in the pool. I am a lady, so I won't go into details, however, dang... the burping... Luckily there wasn't many people in the pool tonight!

That being said, I did have someone hop into my lane about half way through my workout, so we split - no need to circle until there is a 3rd person. Now normally, all I smell is chlorine as the Y seems to add a bit extra. Well, I took a breath on my right side just as the guy went past and D-A-N-G. I did not think it was possible to smell like that in a pool, so it must have been me - just caught a whiff of something. Nope, I was doing my 100's, taking my 20 seconds rest when he reached the end of the pool and stopped. Lets just say I cut my rest short. I was very happy to see the guy next me get out and free up a lane.

Tomorrow I am doing a run and swim so I can take Friday off. The workouts are short this week and no tempo or anything else, but I still want a day off.

No comments: