Saturday, January 26, 2008

My New Christmas Present

I decided to take yesterday as my rest day. Because last weeks run wasn't great, I really wanted a good run today. It was a bit chilly to start - see the ice on the canal!! I started on my own for my 85 minute run. It was quiet, peaceful and nice to be out. I was having HR issues again, which surprised me. It was cold so I usually do okay keeping it low and in range. Not sure what was going on. But, I finished and felt fine. I was slower than I have been for awhile which was a bit disappointing but I could have easily kept going. I guess that is a good thing. I saw Rose after I on my way back and was good to catch up with her when we were done. She is getting super fast!! Very impressive.

This afternoon I headed to my new favorite bike shop and I purchased my Christmas present!! I am very excited and can't wait to have my bike fitter guy come over and set these up! A huge thanks to Mom, Dad, and Grandma. Every time I drop down on to these aero bars, I will think of you!

No comments: