Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Pretty and Ugly of Training

First of all, Friday's lunch run was pretty good. I did skip out of the bike on Thursday, so I think that helped have a decent jog.

Now, I try to keep my posts fun and light. Not too much serious, gross or overly emotional stuff.

Well, today is going to be a bit different. Jess, Rose, Lauren and I met up at the C&O Canal by Great Falls. A woman coming off the trail warned us that the path was a bit 'crunchy'. So we get down there and it was icy!! We all take off at our different paces and start the jog. It was BEAUTIFUL!! I felt bad that I couldn't take it all in because I spent most of the time looking down at the trail and ice. But the trail, the trees, gorgeous. I took a little detour to the overpass on of the falls and it is so amazing that we live so close to something so great.

Well, I was close to missing all of this. About 15 minutes into the run, I really could have used, shall we say, the facilities. Something wasn't sitting right. A feeling anyone who attempts these types of activities probably knows what I mean. Well, I kept going, attempting to keep my 4:1. I was hoping the detour on the overpass would help. Not so much. Then Jess pointed it out, the ONLY 2 words that anyone in my situation would want to see "Rest Rooms". It was like a glowing sign with the angelic "Ahhhh". Well, lets just say I spent a nice run/walk set in there and decided to head back. Lauren caught up with me and she walked/ran/shuffled back the rest of the way. I would try to run, but within the first 3 steps, it wasn't good. I have no idea what happened. But, I have never been so happy to be back to Marcus.

We headed to brunch after and a bagel did help settle the stomach. I skipped the swim and just came home. I took a 3 hour nap and then moved on to laundry. I really hope this was just something in passing...

No comments: