Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Little Better Today

First of all, I did move my butt from the couch to the new saddle last night. 35 minutes on my trainer. It felt fine and I was glad I did it.

This morning I woke up and headed to the run destination for my 75 minutes. Merissa, Rose and Lauren were there ready to go. Kristin called, running a bit late, but I am so glad we waited for her. I think she is putting together crazy outfits just to see my reaction. Good thing she is fast and I don't run with her... Poor Lauren. Just kidding! This outfit had blue, green, orange, and pink. It was impressive.

I finished up to everyone waiting for me in Merissa's new car. It wasn't just me who had a tough run. All 4 of them said the same thing. But once again, I was glad that I kept a 4:1 and kept going. I managed to only have to walk a few extra times and wasn't too disappointed in my distance. It wasn't as far as last week, but this trail a few little hills. AND, I didn't realize that I had the wind at my back the first half. That was a very unpleasant surprise when I turned around.

But a tasty brunch of a really good egg sandwich on a bagel made up for everything.

Also, I just got off the phone with Coach. It was nice to touch base and see what items I really should be concentrating on. Overall, he seems pretty pleased with me and the progress I have made. The most disappointing part of the conversation... he is from Illinois and therefore has it in his blood to root against the Packers. Boo! I told him I would try not to hold that against him and still keep him as my Coach... for now. HA!

Let's go PACKERS!!!

No comments: