Monday, January 21, 2008

In Mourning

Well, the positive side is that no one expected the Packers to get as far as they went. But this picture says it all.
Just a bit of disbelief, shock, and wondering what happened.

I tried not to let it get me down all day today. We had the day off in honor of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Lauren and I spent the majority of the day volunteering by painting schools for Greater DC Cares. It was a great time and this was almost like a workout! Up and down on the ladder, painting strokes up and down, running back and fourth for stuff. Overall, it was a really good time.

I also got my workouts for the week. Coach realized that the end of this week was a bit tough, mainly because I told him :-) So this week is a 'light week'. HA! It is SOOO not a light week. 2 swims, 3 bikes (35, 40, 45 minutes - but no tempo stuff) and 3 runs (2-30 and an 85 minute)!! I told him that I would do it, but did mention that this seems like a lot, especially because I am just tired. He took off a run, which does make me feel a bit better.

Well, I am off to make some baked spaghetti and hop on my bike - after all, it is Monday and that means American Gladiators!!

2 comments:

Arin_C said...

One good thing about the Packers loosing is that we won't have to watch them get destroyed in the Superbowl by the Patriots. And since that will complete the perfect season for the Pats it will be shown quite a bit for the rest of out lives.

Amanda said...

You do make a fine argument. But there will be no more close ups of Brett’s back side…