Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Invested in My Tooshie

It was actually nice to not have to run to the gym today during lunch. I had 27 hours off where I didn't workout! I can tell I am getting towards the end of my second hard week because I am TIRED!

Anyway, today I headed to the bike shop for a new seat and stem - this was the recommendation of my bike fitter. So, I got to the store about 1 minute before they closed. They changed their hours and didn't post that on the web site. But, they were super nice and by far my best bike shop to date.

I have said before, I know nothing about bikes. They brought out 2 saddles and asked which one. Of course I went for the one with more of a cushion. The more knowledgeable guy explained that for a long ride, I would want a firmer one. It was more than twice the price, but I took his advice. After he put everything together, I was on my way back home to test it out.

This is what I just spent the last 30 minutes on.

It's not very comfortable. The new super padded shorts helped, but not enough. And the cute flower print on the seat really did not make it any more comfy on the booty. I really hope it gets better soon. I have 35 and 75 minute ride left this week...

1 comment:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be cheering at IM Wisconsin, and there are usually a lot of bloggers doing that race.
You totally CAN do this, and I think you should go ahead and change your nickname to IronmanWisconsinGonnabe.
You are showing all the signs of the commitment, that's for sure - keep it up!