Saturday, January 5, 2008

Enjoyable Run

It was 28 degrees at 8:30 this morning when we started our run. There was ice on the little river (not the Potomac, but this stream does lead into the Potomac) where the trail was on. ICE!!. Anyway, Jess dragged her roommate Kate along, and Kristin and Lauren were there too. Kristin, afraid of being teased about her outfits, came dress head to toe in matching blue. The shoes were blue, pants, shirt, vest and even the hat - all blue. Nice job Kristin!!

We started and Lauren and Kristin took off with their speedy selves. After awhile, I split from Jess and Kate. I didn't get very far before Rose came up behind me. She was great and ran the rest of the way with me. When we were finished, Jess and Kate were waving and cheering. Very cute.

Rose and I headed back to the car and Kristin and Lauren had the car nice and warm for Jess and Kate when they got there. The 6 of us decided that brunch was needed after our wonderful run. I didn't know it at the time, but I ordered the last omelet sandwich. Sorry Girls!! It was even more annoying because by the time Rose ordered last, more omelets just showed up... after they said they were out. Whatever... now we know not to go back. But we have a good time, chatting and catching up. As much as I like how I feel after a good working, my favorite part is the brunch after!

No comments: