Monday, January 7, 2008

Food is Really Important

I just finished my 40 minute bike on my trainer. Dang, that was harder than it should have been. I think it has something to do with my poor eating. Today I was distracted by my new food obsession - the meatball sub. That replaced my salad for lunch. It was sooo good!! AGAIN!

On my way home from work, I stopped by the store to get the basics: milk (I checked this morning and the one in my fridge expired 12/18/07 - oops), cheese (it was moldy - all over; gross), eggs, and butter. My plan was to get a snack, bike, have a small dinner. Well, that snack turned into a bit more. I am not going to admit to what it was, because it is soooo not healthy. Let's just say it was in the potato family and from a bag. And there was some type of dairy based paring to go with that form of potato. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't until the bag was empty and I was very close to licking the container.

When I put on my biking shorts, it wasn't good. Neither was the next 40 minutes. But, I still did my time. What helped was watching American Gladiators. I used to LOVE watching that as a kid and am not embarrassed to say I was excited to see it coming back. That was entertaining to watch as I pedalled away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I watched American Gladiators, too! I used to love that show... AND I'm not ashamed to say I have set up my TiVo with a Seasons Pass. I won't miss a moment of this gloriousness.