Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Signed up for a Half!!

Coach and I were trying to find a half Ironman to do before Sept. It was to boost my confidence (hopefully not kill it) and see how close I might be to the 17 hour mark. Well, most races I found were in April - too early for me, or June 8th, the day of my 4.4 Bay Swim - And I am not giving that up.

Well, after some searching, I found one in New York, about 6-7 hours away. Not too bad, and perfect timing - July 13.
So, I am pretty excited. I asked Jess if she would be interested in heading up there with me, to practice cheering, and she is up for it! I am really excited. I now feel like I have a nice string of races to keep me focused in the short run and THE ONE long term goal.

Woo-Hoo!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's on my calendar!! There will be lots of pink and lots of hooting and hollering. Just you wait!