Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not A Good Run

Today started rough. I woke up really tired and new it would be a hard day. I got ready, packed my run bag and headed to the metro. When I got on a train, I realized I left my bag sitting on my sofa. I got to work and never really woke up. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. So, I go through my drawers of workout clothes and find something that kind of matches.

Now in these drawers in my desk contain dirty workout clothes that I haven't taken home to wash. So, I felt like I was that smelly girl at the gym. Good thing I went outside! It was 35 minutes and supposed to be an easy run. It wasn't. I never found a rhythm and just had a hard time breathing. For once, my heart rate wasn't the issue. It went up when I wanted it to, went down when I wanted it to. This was the first time that my heart rate went down and I still felt out of breath and didn't want to keep going.

I did it and made it the 35 minutes. And made it up the big hill on the side of the Capital. Even on these hard days, I am still happy that I make it the amount of time Coach has me do. And, I am still faster than I was 2 months ago on a good day.

No comments: