Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Haaaaapppyyy NEW YEAR!!!

Happy 2008!!! For me, and a lot of my friends and family who are part of this journey with me, it's the year of Ironman. Woo-Hoo!!

But this is not my resolution. People talk about not keeping their resolutions and this year, I did a pretty good job with my 2007 one, so I am hoping I will have the same luck. My 2007 one was to stop over analyzing issue in my life and just take things as they are. That included my job, school (at the time), family, friends and my fitness/weight level. I have spent (wasted) a lot of time worrying about what is going to happen, try to plan for every possible situation (usually the worst) and have used a lot of energy.

This year I am building off this and want to work on just letting things go, not taking things so personally and stop expressing my opinion about everything (especially when I am not asked). This is the Forget-me-knot ring. They don't sell them in my size, so I keep a picture on my cube wall. It helps.

What does this do with my training? Well, not too much, but I felt the need to post this anyway. Part of the theory that when you write something down, you have a better chance of remembering.

Happy 2008!! Hope everyone has a safe, wonderful and happy year!!

No comments: