Saturday, July 26, 2008

5 Hour Ride in Columbia, Take 2

Because last weeks long ride in Columbia didn't go so well, I decided to try again. 30 minutes earlier, 5-10 degrees cooler and way less humidity. I thought these were all signs toward a good ride. Not so much.

But here are the positives.
  • Practicing on a rolling/hilly/little to no flat is good training for IM Moo
  • 14 times I hit 30+mph
  • At least a dozen decent snot rockets
  • I did make the amount of time Coach wanted me to go - 5 hours
  • No falling
  • I didn't litter or "litter"
  • I met a very nice woman who is doing IM Louisville and IM AZ - this year
  • Nothing leaked in Marcus (and the Bag Balm smell is gone)
So I am going to leave it there. I am not going to focus on the fact that I was the same speed, actually a tad SLOWER, than last week in the heat/humidity/and almost passing out.

And watching Pierce Brosnan sing SOS was exactly the funniest thing I needed to hear/see.

No comments: