Friday, July 25, 2008

There are FAST People in the Morning!

Yes, I slowly crawled out of bed at 5:30 and made it to the Y for my swim. Now I know I haven’t been to the pool early in quite awhile but, WOW – the dynamic has completely changed. These people were FAST! I mean I am hardly ever the faster person in the pool, but also hardly ever the slowest. I feel comfortable in the medium or fast lane, depending on whom else is circle swimming, try to avoid the very fast lane and slow lanes.

When I first entered the pool deck, the slow lane was open and I figured I would just hop in there. Then I looked around and realized compared to everyone else, that is the lane I belonged in.

All was fine and dandy and I am swimming along doing my ‘comfortably hard’ 200’s and I notice the guy in the lane next to me. He is doing the bicycle flutter kick, you know, with the really bad bent knees and tons of slashing (I couldn't find a good picture to describe the bicycle flutter kick so this is showing the splashing) During a 30 seconds rest, I see his stroke – just odd looking - so I figured he was doing drills. Later, still the same odd looking stroke. But here’s the thing, he was kicking my butt!! I mean really kicking my butt!!
Ahhh, I hate it when people have horrible technique and are really fast!! The guys who were super fast and great technique is one thing, this is another.

But a Caribou light white sugar free raspberry made it all better - the sugar free gives it way less calories!!

No comments: