Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rose Rocks!!!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!

Would you want to do a sprint triathlon on your birthday? If you are like Rose, the answer is yes. And would kick butt at your triathlon on your birthday? If you are like Rose, once again the answer is yes.
I like watching. At first, it was really foggy, you couldn't even see the third buoy!
But the fog cleared and the race started without any problems. I am not sure if the water level is low, or the swim is just really shallow. Either way, Rose finished the swim with a solid run out of the water.

Driving the bike course must have helped because Rose was supper speedy, we almost missed her coming back. Look at that smile!

And of course, she finished nothing but strong.

It was great to watch and learn how the transition area worked, the in and out of the bike and run course. Jess and I had a good time cheering for everyone and it actually made me excited for tomorrow.

I am off to give Blain one last test drive. Apparently walking 5 miles in your bike shoes is really bad for your cleats. When I finally cleaned out my cleats, I noticed it was worn down and the tip was about to chip off - not good. So, off to the Geneva bike shop for new ones. As you all know my rule, nothing new on race day so hopefully my 20-30 minute ride will do.

No comments: