Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in the City

Ahhh... what a great weekend! So many fun stories. And since I don't have much else to report, I am going to share some.

After Rose's race, it was a trip the wineries. But according to Jess, we could only go to the ones with animals on the labels. I only had one sip, of Jack A$$ wine, at 1 winery, and it was not good. Jess and Rose had a bit more than a few sips...
Lakeshore wines had a loon looking animal on the label.

The reading of signs lead to just announcing things you saw out of the window. For example: corn, cow, stop sign. I think the sips of wines by the other two helped the humor of the day.

Celebrating a birthday with cake is good. Biking a hour later as your last workout, and to make sure you bike/new cleats are working, not good.

A little note about the race director. He is the best, very funny, in the dry humor way. For example, at the pre race meeting, he said "The way to avoid cutting your feet on from the mussels, swim the swim, don't run it." And his mom was in charge of packet pickup. How cute!!

Finally, some of you know I DESPISE the cow bell. And not in the way I say I don't like things, but really like them (like hot pink signs that say "Congratulations Amanda" and have smiley faces drawn by my 2 favorite girls who live in New Orleans). They were GIVING AWAY COW BELLS TO RACE SUPPORTERS! Jess and Rose had to tell me multiple times to take deep breaths. I don't know why I don't like the cow bell, I just don't. It has a place, but it is not what pushes me forward in a race.
Jess and Rose took one, they said to take 2 more out of circulation - but I don't know how much I trust that...




Tomorrow, back to my workouts. It starts with an early morning of biking. I am planning on meeting Brooke which will 1. get me out of bed and 2. I can tell her all about my half as she is leaving Thursday for hers.

4 comments:

Arin_C said...

How can you be from Wisconsin and not like cow bell? I gotta have more cow bell!

Amanda said...

I know I know. I am not sure why, I can't explain. I just want to crush every cow bell I see on a race course...

Anonymous said...

i don't think you can blame that one on your upbringing. I don't recall any negative experiences in your life relative to cow bells.

Maybe for Madison we should get some of the obnoxious horns that people bring to football games. :)

J said...

I agree on cowbells - they have a place in "(Don't Fear) The Reaper," not on race courses. My friends and I used to dread them in rowing regattas as well.

I kinda think only people who haven't done the sport (tris, rowing, etc.) like them. I've never known an athlete who liked them.