Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sacrifice

Today I did an interval/tempo run and it is getting tougher with 6*5 minutes hard with 2 minutes easy (instead of 5*4 or 4*3). This cuts down my warm up and leaves no time for cool down – as part of the workout. So by the time I get to The Mall, I am already on my second set with a higher HR and I am feeling pretty good. Part of the reason for pushing hard, my choice in music.

Yes, it's really cheesy, but if you have been reading this blog, there should be no surprise. I cry, I exaggerate, and I LOVE the cheesiness factor in almost everything.

Anyway, with the Olympics quickly approaching, one night I found that Sacrifice song on iTunes that was being played on the NBC commercials. It made it to the number one spot on my workout play list, for easy playability. There is one verse I really like, especially the last line.

Everybody expects me to break
But I'll never break down again
Everybody expects me to give up
But you'll never see me givin in
Everybody wants me to lose
But I'll never lose who I am

Luckily, I don't have people expecting me to break, give in, or lose – at least not that I know of. But, there is something about listening to that and remembering that I won't break down, I don't give up, and I don't want to lose who I am. So I am running hard (for me) choking up with emotion and fighting back tears.

And what do I do, play it again, and again and run harder and harder. Until the heat got to me and I could barely make my last 2 intervals. But it felt good.

No comments: