Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Bricked... Now I am Late for Work

I got out of bed before the sunrise, and before the heat. I had to do 90 minutes with 5*5 minutes hard with my HR 10-15 beats higher. Now, as you may recall, I did a tempo run yesterday and I tend to have a difficult time getting my HR up in the morning while biking. So this was a nice challenge.

But, it did not end there. Coach said to do a brick if I was feeling good. And not just any brick but the run with ANOTHER 5*5 minutes hard with 2 minutes easy in between. So, after 10 minutes of a warm up (and bathroom break) I started my first of 5 five hard minutes. DANG!! But I managed to do the entire 45 minutes with the 5*5 minutes with my HR close to where it should be.

How do I feel - well, not quite the endorphins, my legs feel a bit like bricks, but overall I am happy with today's workout.

Now I am really late for work and need to get moving!!

No comments: