Monday, July 28, 2008

Running IS Cheaper (or at least better) than Therapy

Yesterday was one of those days where something happens and it completely changes you. It was something that I had very little control over, and I hate that feeling. This was getting to me all morning and I decided that I would make today my long run day to try and get some perspective.

About 45 minutes into the run, a little bit of perspective came to me about the choices I do have.
I can not control other people's feelings, actions, and reactions.
But I can chose how they make me feel. It's not as easy as waving a wand and magically feeling better, but knowing that it can only bother me if I let it.

I can't control the fact that I ran into the wind on my way down the mall and there was zero breeze on the way back.
But I can keep moving, one foot slowly in front of the other.

I can not control the US mail, or the speed of a shipment
But I can control where I order from and who to not order from again (One Triathlon Gear dot com)

I can't control what is going to happen on September 7
But I can choose to do my workouts for the next 40 days. And I can trust in Coach that he knows what he is doing (and have been doing the past year). And believe in my self that I have put in all I can do, and be happy with the result no matter what happens.

1 comment:

brItt & kIrstIn said...

We knew the ironman journey was going to be physically demanding. But, never in our wildest dreams did we imagine that it would be emotional as it has been. It's nice & encouraging to have someone to relate to.

Thanks for the tip about OneTriathlonGear.com...it made us laugh.

Hang in there!