Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good Afternoon

I had to do another tempo run today and by the time I got settled into work, check weather dot com, it was time to head out. There was a nice green cloud cover (rain) was coming straight toward downtown. So I head out, and it was STILL muggy. Big surprise, I know. But I am cruising along, trying to not go out to hard again.

I hit my turn around point and feel a little sprinkle. Yup, more rain. Not as bad as the Half (captured by EDIT KristEn - Sorry! I know it's EN, but I think I might have screwed up on some mail coming your way too. SORRY!) but a nice light drizzle to cool me off just a bit. It was so light that my shirt was soaked through due to my sweat, not rain. Yes, nice picture huh... I mean sweat dripping off my nose muggy!!

Anyway, I am off topic. The run was good and I treated my self to a much need massage. Roxanne (by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROX) recommended Therapeutics, District Wellness Group - which is a DC Tri Club sponsor. SOOOO GOOD!!! A bit painful, but in the good way. I learned that my right shoulder has a lot of knots, but the left side is just overall tight. My left quad is way more tight than the right. My right arm is stronger and can handle the pressure better than the left. Amazing what you can learn from a sports massage!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that would be KristEn!