Friday, July 4, 2008

Running Through the Zoo

I am trying something new with my runs. Stick with my time and HR, but do not go to map my run dot com and see how far I went. I tend to find that when I get disappointed, it's hard to come back for the next run. So today, I went through the zoo, which is pretty hard to map.

Pros and cons of the zoo
Pro - hill work
Con - hill work
Pro - bathrooms. Very handy when you had a large cup of coffee earlier in the morning.
Con - (stupid) tourists
Pro - misters to run though to cool you off
Con - (stupid) tourists with strollers
Over all, it felt good. I know I shouldn't have enjoyment from the misfortune of others, schadenfreude if you will, but there is something I enjoy when I run up a hill past unfit tourists who have to take a break on a bench. I only say that because I do not look like a runner/triathlete/fit person. I always hope that people see me attempting to do this and give it a try themselves.

I am off to another BBQ where I made an ice cream cake. How good (and patriotic) does this look!?!?!

No comments: