Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tapering Makes Me Swim FAST!!

I really do like this tapering thing. Today all I had to do was a 500 warm up, 8*50 hard (I did an extra 2 because I was feeling so good) and an easy 500 to finish up. Simple, quick, felt good, and about 5 minutes faster than my previous 1500M.

For Sunday, I am number 841 in wave 3, with a blue cap. FINALLY a cap that is not pink or purple. Once I saw that, a slight panic moment. But, once again with the help of some good friends, I moved on. It also helped that I had a 1:30 meeting that lasted almost an hour and a half which completely frustrated me.

Otherwise, it was a pretty uneventful day. I had many well wishes from co-workers and friends about Sunday. Jess, Rose and I finalized our plans for the drive tomorrow. I am starting to get exited as I finish up my packing.
This is just a brick, with an event I enjoy doing as a warm up... Right...

And the shirt says
1. one athletic endeavor consisting of three events - swimming, biking, and running; 2. the ordinary... doing the extraordinary; 3. freak

From Rachel with a note "So I believe that you are doing your half-ironman this weekend, and I thought that you could use a couple words of encouragement: You can do it! (Okay 4 words of encouragement and an exclamation point)". She just makes me laugh.

No comments: