Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just Not My Weekend

Even thought I took a nap yesterday, I had no problems falling asleep last night. That does not mean I enjoyed waking up for my run this morning. But I did get out of bed and out the door to meet up at Old Anglers/Great Falls for my run. My favorite place to run because of the views from the trail.

I start out with Brooke, explaining the remainder of yesterday's experience. She seemed just as shocked as I was. We are trotting along and I realized that something felt different. New shorts, but that wasn't it. Same water pack, hair, shoes... I couldn't figure out what it was. Brooke looked at me and said "Don't you normally wear knee braces?". Yup, that is what I was missing, my knee braces.

I had planned on going out 30 minutes, heading back to find Merissa for the final hour. So, I turned back a bit sooner to get to the car and grab my knee braces. About 50 minutes into my run is when I started to feel the knees. At first, knees were not happy being pushed back into place - but I have worked so hard to get my knee caps to point in the correct direction, I was not going to let them start to point out again by running 2 hours without the braces.

After I found Merissa, we trotted on for about an hour. The humidity really got to me by the end and the last 10 minutes were not great. I am still not going to map my run dot com what I did because I don't want to be upset at my slowness. With the half next week I really need to work on my mental training.

I am really hoping this will be a light week and I can relax and focus on the training that I have done and be ready for my first 70.3.

No comments: