Wednesday, July 9, 2008

70.3

I do much better when I don't think about that distance. In 4 days that is the distance I will be attempting to do. In a bit under 2 months, I have to do double that. I start to freak out, sweaty palms, short breaths, and run around trying to find something I can control. I forget that I can control what I am going to do, I just need to think about it in parts.

A 1.2 mile swim
A 56 mile ride
A 13.1 mile run

That sounds much better than 70.3 miles. So mental training, that is what I am working on now.

As Coach said for the weekend
"Don't get worked up over the pre race hype or pre race talk. Get in your own little confident world and stay there."

Oh, and I almost forgot, I did my 30 minute run today. I did it on the treadmill because there was the threat of rain and I lost my work knee braces so if I felt pain, I could stop. But the BEST news, I had such a low average heart rate! 152!!! I don't think I have ever had such a low heart rate with a non-snails pace run. Woo-hoo!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! Be sure to look around, smile and enjoy the race :)