Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It Was Okay, I Guess

Today was a tempo run. I decided to try it outside and try to get used to this heat. Because I haven't had great runs lately, I decided I would change up my tempo and go back to my running coach - Lance. I just needed that "you can do it, 1 minute left" and "pain is temporary, quitting is forever". So not my furthest or fastest run. But not my slowest either. Given the heat, I will take it.

Tonight, instead of swimming (I know, I know... I will get back to the pool!) I got a hair cut. It was way needed! One of my 1017 pet peeves is my hair on the back of my neck - when it's in a pony tail. So, I had a few (4) inches cut off. I kind of fits in a pony tail, but I just wanted it off and really didn't care.

And I celebrated with a cupcake from Cake Love. Or the plan was 1 tonight and 1 tomorrow. But I couldn't decided so I had half of each. Then half of the first. Then I couldn't leave just one half, so I ate that too. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

AND I came home to a package from home. My wonderful parents sent me a new container of Bag Balm! Woo-Hoo!! I could not find it anywhere here! And when I asked, people just looked at me like I was crazy. I mean really, why wouldn't you carry something that is to prevent chaffing on cow utters. Anyway, now I can hopefully do my 5 hour ride on Saturday with out (many) saddle sores.

What else was in that package.... My parents know how much I love bags. This is definitely coming with me to Madison!

2 comments:

J said...

Have you tried Georgetown Cupcakes yet? They're not bad either, or so I hear...

Amanda said...

I have... and was not too impressed. It was right after they opened so maybe they figured things out.

But the frosting was great!!

And it might be worth another trip :-)