Friday, June 13, 2008

Change of Plans

Today was supposed to be a run, swim and session with a personal trainer. After the trainer cancelled, I decided dying my hair was more important - I will get to the swim on Sunday. I don't know if I admitted this or not, but I made a bad decision at the beginning of April in picking a hair color (well, that decision was helped by someone who I promised I would not blame if it went bad, so I will not blame her, or use her name, but I do blame her, not really ;-). It didn't turn out the best, mainly because I did a poor job. So instead of having purple hair for Therese's wedding, I dyed it again with the help of Jess. Well, it is now mid-June and the purple has come back, along with the grays I was original trying hide.

This all means a low key night with my 4 hour bike planned for tomorrow.

Oh, today's workout, yes, I did run. It was on the mall and little warm. I didn't go out early enough so it wasn't great. There is that debate between outside, hot, and shorter distance to keep the HR down vs. treadmill with lower HR and further distance - but on a treadmill. (Remember, I do all my training based on time and heart rate (HR)). So, it's the great debate that happens when I don't get up in the morning to do a run.

Okay, off to the bathroom to work on the hair. Jess promises to "stay within the lines" but she just had a beer and has just as much tolerance as I do when it comes to alcohol.

No comments: