Saturday, June 21, 2008

What A Great Day!

When the day starts at 5:30 am, really, how good of day can you have?? Well, it was great.

It started by heading to Hains Point for the DC tri club training tri, where I was volunteering. When the alarm went off, I almost skipped, but glad I didn't. I got to meet a lot of club people, and see the 3 people I do know; Brooke, Janel and Tony, actually do the event and cheer for them. It was actually a really good time.
And Tony and I got to chat about IM Moo!! Obviously a favorite topic of mine.

This was followed by an oil change. Marcus came out with a clean bill of health, something I have not always had good luck with (sorry Audrey, you know I loved you!!).

After the clean bill of health for the car, I headed to Beach drive for a 90 minute ride. Now I wanted to do this in the middle of the day because on Madison, I will be biking from about 8:30-5, the middle of the day. You know what, it was GREAT! I was SHOCKED!!!
I did have some knee pain, but stopped at the car half way through to get a knee brace. When it first went on, it might have been my imagination, but it felt I could feel my knee cap pushing against the brace. However, I think it really helped. My HR stayed at a good level, my cadence was good, and I actually went faster!
I stopped and helped someone with a bad chain. Offered to help 2 people with flat tires. It might have been the Propel fitness water with caffeine in the morning, or the 20 oz coffee from 7-11 during the oil change, but it felt so good to be out in the middle of the day.

Now I am off to Kristin's for a BBQ and catch up with her and Lauren - who I haven't seen in ages!!

Good times!!

Tomorrow, Brooke is making me meet her at 6:45 to start our 50-60 mile bike. Just kidding Brooke, better early than late!!

No comments: