Tuesday, June 3, 2008

People at Work Make Me Laugh

After I got up at 5:30 this morning to go biking- yes, you read that right, I got out of bed!!, I made it to work on time. When I got there, I started going through my e-mails. Coffee almost come out of my nose when I read this e-mail. It's from a co-worker from Iowa who I really enjoy working with. He always shares is opinion, something I highly value. Anyway, I sent out a message with a deadline of Thursday, as my parents are coming into town for the 4.4 mile swim on Sunday. I signed off this e-mail asking for happy and non-drowning thoughts on Sunday. This was the reply.

Things to remember when distance swimming
  • Do not put your pet rock collection in your pocket for luck.
  • If the water is cold do not wear you winter coat, gloves, and boots.
  • If you passing the one mile mark cause you to remember you forgot something. Do not go back for it.
  • Do not answer you cell phone.
  • Breathe when you head is above the water. Shaving your head may reduce drag, but it may not be worth it.
  • Do not send out for Pasta.
  • Avoid swimming upstream if possible.
  • Do not pick up hitchhikers. If you hit your head on a cement wall say, "dam."

People are great. I am very lucky to have a boss who is extremely understanding of this goal, and co-workers who care and have a sense of humor.

No comments: