Friday, June 27, 2008

No One Let's Me Sleep In Anymore!!

When I received the remainder of my workouts for Coach, he said to do this weeks tempo/interval run this morning. The reason behind this was so my legs would have more time to recover for Saturdays 4.5 hour ride and Sundays "race". So I wake up, again, before 6 a.m. for the third day in a row. The difference this time, it was already 78 degrees when I left for the metro at 6:20. Yuck! I have been really spoiled the last few weeks with decent temperatures and low humidity.

I head out for my run and even during my 10 minute warm up, I am sweating bullets. By the time I did my first 5 minute hard interval, I had sweat dripping off my nose, and it was before 7:30!! Just not right!! But I did okay and made it through my 5*5 minutes hard. I had 2 minutes in between so my HR dropped nicely and I would feel ready to go 'comfortably hard' for the next 5 minutes.

Tomorrow and Sunday should be interesting weather wise. The forecast is all the same, high in the mid 90's, isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon/evening – hazy, hot and humid. This all means very early start time for the ride tomorrow and I have to get up early anyway for the "race" on Sunday.

I understand race directors making me get up early, but Mother Nature too! They are all against me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just remember that when September 7th comes, you will have to get up early for the start of the triathlon. Look at it this way. All of these early morning rises are just part of the preparation you for the ultimate early morning rise. :)