Monday, June 23, 2008

I Am Easily Persuaded

It really doesn't take much to talk me into things. I would have made a horrible lawyer, always thinking the other side sounded good.

So when I was at the General Smallwood course with the people from the tri club, they started asking if I was doing the race, I should do the race, etc. This morning I talked it over with Coach and he thought it was okay - but don't "race" it, only do it comfortably hard. HA! Once again with the 'comfortably hard'. I still have to do a 4.5 hour ride on Saturday so I don't think it will be a very fast race anyway.

Had a good lunch run with Merissa. It was supposed to be easy and it was, nice and light. Tonight was a swim - and yes, I made it back in the pool. That was fine too, expect the ending with 8*50's hard. Hate those!!

The best part of the night, the walk home after the metro. It was raining lightly and the sun was shining. I didn't pull out the umbrella and just enjoyed the warm rain. Because of the sun, I knew there had to be one - then I turned around and found it. I took a picture with my camera phone: it's not the best, but still - breathtaking. I love the fact I can see a rainbow in the city.

2 comments:

brItt & kIrstIn said...

Hi! I was excited to find your blog because it's good to read about other's experiences, struggles, and learnings. My sister and I are also doing IMOO 08. Our goal is to finish. I have found your blog encouraging & fun. Keep training hard...stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Glad you enjoyed the moment.