Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a RIDE!!!

First of all, I saw the sunrise Saturday, sunset Saturday, and sunrise AGAIN today!! Who does that over the weekend!?!? Hopefully I will be in bed before the sunset tonight...

Anyway, the alarm went off at 5 am and I cursed Brooke's name as I rolled out of bed. I got my stuff ready, packed up Marcus and was on my way to Smallwood State Park. Brooke was right behind me so we got our bikes ready and headed off. We were doing the General Smallwood Triathlon International course. My plan was to do it twice and a little more to get the full 4.5 hours in today.

Here are some things that happened on the ride.
1. Missed a turn. This was neither of our faults - the road is not marked with the same name as the one on the map
2. When we did a few extra hills, thinking we went to far, we started to wave at drivers for help - they just waved back.
- Finally, one did stop and we confirmed we went to far
3. We were chased by dogs!! And I mean really REALLY chased. This was the closest either of us have ever been to being nipped. I think that was the fastest I pedaled and the highest my HR got the entire ride
4. I am learned how to do hills better
5. PEOPLE ARE STILL LITTERING!!! I really don't understand. On my second loop, I started counting the beer cans... I lost track after 53
Finally,
6. Even though I gave Brooke a hard time about the early start (but am very thankful we started early), she waited until I got back . After we did the course, we meet up with some other DC Tri club people and they did the sprint course. I did the full course again, and a little out and back and she waited and cheered for me as I got back. How sweet! Thanks Brooke!

So, the total distance you are wondering... 66.69 miles!!! I felt pretty good. What hurts the most are in the left wrist (actually hurts a bit to type) and a really bad saddle sore (boo!). But cardio and leg wise - I feel really good. YAY!

1 comment:

J said...

Chased by dogs?!? That's a new one. I take it they weren't miniature poodles...