Friday, August 29, 2008

1975

My new lucky number!! I knew the numbers were being assigned today, but for some reason, that makes this all seem so real. I have been counting down for so long, 1 year, 6 month, 90 days, 15 days, 8 days. But when you get a number - it changes everything. This is actually happening. I am actually going to participate in an Ironman... Wow!

Today we also got a message from NA Sports - which had a lot of similar information as the athletes guide.My favorite line is in the running section
"No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed."
Good to know crawling is allowed.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll be just down the rack from you, #1945. I got butterflies when I saw the number, you're right - its so much more real now!

Amanda said...

Yay! It will be great to meet you! I can't believe it's so close...