Monday, August 4, 2008

Such a Resource!!

Tonight was something I have been planning for awhile. I wanted to get together my friends Kristin, Ryan and Meaghan. Ryan has done IM Florida and IM Coeur d'Alene and Meaghan has been with him at both. So this was the perfect opportunity to talk Ironman, and Kristin and Meaghan to discuss watching Ironman.

Ryan had a lot of tips and he is just so excited about Ironman, I couldn't help but start to get excited again. As you may have been reading, my attitude hasn't been the best. I have been trying to snap out of it, get excited, appreciate the journey again - and this 2.5 hour chat helped a ton. Little things he said like "It's just one day and there is always another day" and "it's sounds silly, but HAVE FUN". In addition to tips (like take your time in T1 to make sure everything is on right. It's a L-O-N-G time on the bike) the general enthusiasm he has for the sport is nothing but contagious. Everyone has been so great, but for some reason, this is just wanted I needed.

So this was my workout of the day. I took the day off - my legs needed it and will start in tomorrow with a 2-2.5 hour run. I also dropped off Blain at Conte's for his final tune up before Madison.

I can't believe this all happening so fast!!!

No comments: