Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Do I Smell Like Flowers?

Today was my long run day. For some reason I had a momentary laps in judgment when it comes to heat. Just because there is low humidity doesn't mean that 80 degrees isn't warm. So I went out at 11:15... Oops. But, the run started great, and I managed to hold 4:1 for the entire 2.5 hours (even though the last 45 was really tough). Still not far/fast, but I kept moving, and right now that is all that matters.

And I wasn't sure what to write about today, which is what I was thinking about during the run. Lately it has been all beautiful day, blah blah blah, amazing friend and family support, blah blah blah, X number of days left (24), blah blah blah, excited/scared/nervous/anxious/happy/sad, blah blah blah, but nothing really funny has happened lately.

Well, as I was running, my left ear bud on headphone stopped working. No biggie, just keep moving. I was about 2 hours 15 minutes into the run and just made it up the side of the Capital (which is on a hill, hence the name Capital Hill). Now I mentioned it was a bit warm out today, said before I sweat, and I am sure that 2 hours and 15 minutes into the run I didn't smell very fresh. I was on my minute recovery and put my hands over my head – it helps drop the heart rate. As I pass two (overweight) guys I hear – because of my only 1 working ear bud "Ewww, did you catch a whiff of her?!?!" I almost D-I-E-D laughing.

So after a long run in the heat, I don't smell like flowers.

No comments: