Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Ran Like the Wind

Jess often tells me to run like the wind when I am on my way out for a jog - and I just laugh in her face. We all know I don't run like the wind, I just move along like a slight breeze.

But this morning, after I crawled out of bed, I had such a great run. I think I was still on a high from last nights 2 and a half hours of straight Ironman talk. I felt so good. The first hour, I don't think it's right to sweat as much as I did - especially at 6:45 am. But it was beautiful out, a nice crisp morning. I easily held my 4:1 and kept my HR under 170 without any problems. It just felt really nice for the 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Now when I got back and map my run dot com'ed my route, I was a bit disappointed. I really thought I went further than I did and was improving. Boo!! However, this is the first time in awhile were I could have easily kept going. And I would have but
1. I ran out of water
2. I know better than to do more than Coach says. Over training = bad things
3. I had to get to work

So I will take this great run feeling, ignore my slowness, and enjoy my 'run like the wind' for the day.
And when I was looking for my picture go to with this post, I saw this one and thought it was pretty. Better than some skinny 'real' running person :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like the wind!!!! Because that's how you roll.