Monday, August 25, 2008

Coach and I Have Different Views on Tapering

When I saw my workouts for the week from Coach, my first thought was "Wait, I thought I was tapering". Definitely different views...
For example on the tempo run. Normally it's 45 minutes with 6*5 minutes hard
Me, no tempo - Coach, 35 minutes with 3*5 minutes hard
Long run. Normally 4.5-6 hours
Me, 90 minutes - Coach, 3 hours
So, I still have 10 workouts to get in which include a 3 hour ride, 90 minute run, and a brick. And where am I supposed to fit more sleep in...

The good news is I went to Conte's tonight and once again - they proved to be the best. I walk in (with cookies of course) and had the co-owner (who I saw at the ride yesterday and wondered why I didn't say something about the falling chain there), manager and head mechanic all chatting with me about Blain within 5 minutes. He was swept up and being worked on before I could finish explaining the issues.
He seems much better and will do my best to crawl out of bed tomorrow and have a proper ride.

Oh, and I don't know when this happened, but the 2008 IM Moo Athlete's Guide is out. I don't know how they did it, but they made cows artsy and really cool looking!!

3 comments:

brItt & kIrstIn said...

http://www.nytritons.org/20050911_Wisconsin/20050911_Wisconsin.html

Here's one man's experience...we thought you might enjoy the read! Can't believe it's almost here...what a journey! Enjoy your next 12 days!

Wipaddler said...

I've been a long time reader and a first time poster!! I will be volunteering Sunday at the IMOO. I will be at body marking, T2 and finish line from 6-12 so I'm hoping I will get to see you at least once! Have a great race, you did the training and in 12 days you get to reap the rewards! Good luck and have a fantastic time out there! I will be cheering for you!!

Sara said...

Ouch that taper looks hard!! But I'm sure you will rock it all just fine!!