Sunday, August 17, 2008

Coach Makes Me Cry

I sent him a very dramatic e-mail yesterday morning at 6:30 asking if the fact I missed this weekend's long ride, would it ruin everything I have done. He responded with no, that 1 workout does not make or break an Ironman.

When I sent this weeks log, I apologized for the dramatics, I am not a good sick person - i.e. I cry. He called tonight to check in on me, talk about the upcoming week and he followed up with an e-mail about the workouts. The message started with
"Hey its the ironman there is no such thing as overly dramatic." Best quote for me EVER!

But what really got me was
"Your almost there, and whatever happens on race day, you've lived the lifestyle of an athlete and an Ironman and I am proud of you."

Yes I pay him, but he is NOT the type of guy to say something he doesn't mean. The fact that he is proud of me means so much. I mean my friend and family have to be proud - it's their job. But Coach, it's a different level.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Rest up, and feel better soon!