Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can you Belive it's ONE Month Away???

30 days. That's it. 1 month.

Wow - I just can't believe there is only 1 month left.

I was still in an all day meeting today - which I was in charge of - and every once and awhile my mind would wander to "biking", "still biking", "yup, still biking" until someone would say my name and I would go back to focusing on work. Then it was "oh, I am running now", on the metro "still running" and as I write this "still running".

And I started to think about a year ago when I as training for my Iron Girl race and my Big Shoulders Swim, which both seemed difficult. And how I just decided on Coach, started training like an Ironman and worrying about getting into Ironman Moo.

Today when I was on the treadmill doing my tempo run, I had a hard time getting my HR to 180. I kept having to go faster, faster than I have ever run on a treadmill. As I was thinking about how in 1 month I will be "still biking" and I realized how far I have actually gone in terms of my fitness level. How just 9 months ago I was still having a hard time keeping my HR down.

Then I thought of a quote my mom told me recently "The will to win means nothing if you don't have the will to prepare". Now that I am so close, I realize how much I have been preparing. I did not make this choice lightly, everything has changed, and I truly feel I am a better person as a result.

No matter what happens, for some reason today it just hit me, I am really happy with journey. Thanks for being apart of this.

1 month to go!!

No comments: