Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Am SO Lucky!

I don't know what to say, I don't know what I did in a previous life to deserve... well everything.

Tonight was a carbo loading pasta dinner put on by some amazing friends. Everyone came to support me and my goal that will be in 10 days. They are insanely supportive and so positive about what I am attempting to do. They have put up with me and constant Ironman talk for over a year, and still threw me a dinner!!

You may be wondering what is that yellow thing I am holding. And you may look at it and say "that looks like a cow bell. But I read Amanda's blog and know she H-A-T-E-S the cow bell."
Well, if that is what you thought, you are right. It is a cow bell. And I still despise the cow bell. BUT, Jess, Kristin, Lauren and Merissa (not pictured but there in spirit) took a cow bell (from when I did the Musselman half), spray painted it yellow - to match Blain, AND took out the clapper thing!! They also wrote notes on the sides, drew a picture of a toaster, and an "Oh Geeze!" is written on the inside. So great.

But, there is one more. I have been eyeing an item for close to 2 years. But, they didn't make it in my size and I figured there was little I could do. So, I posted about it, printed a picture and taped it in my cube. Little did I know that Jess called the designer, had one made in my size, and did a special order. I can't believe my friends did something this amazing for me.

Really, how did I get so incredibly lucky... I just don't know. I took about 27 pictures of the ring on my hand but couldn't the lighting/flash right so this will have to do.

No comments: