Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Day...

I knew my schedule wasn't light as I would have hoped and I already made a few plans for the week. Between the extra workouts, not fully recovered from the weekend and I just needed sleep - again. So I talked to my boss and decided to take today off.

The plan was to get in 3 workouts, and do some work from home. But like all good plans, things never workout. I fell asleep watching the Olympics around 10 and I didn't set an alarm because I wake up at 5 every day. Well this morning, I work up at 8:30!! It felt so good!

After some dishes and folding laundry, I packed my bags, loaded up Marcus and headed out. Put the key in the ignition, turn, and nothing. Well, this dead animal sound came out, but Marcus wouldn't start. Some calls to Dad, Merissa, and AAA, I was hoping for the best - a dead battery. AAA was super fast and a little over an hour, I had a new battery. I am so lucky this happened now, not when I was Columbia, on the drive home, or after I got up at 5:30 am!!

So, I finally got to Hains Point and started my ride. 2 hours with some a set of sprints and it felt okay. I headed to the pool and did 3500 straight!! First time in awhile I have gone that far without drills. It took a while to settle in but felt pretty good.

Given the time, the heat, not enough calories, I decided to forgo the run and make it up sometime later in the week. I am happy with my 2 workouts and now off to meet with some friends who are moving to Phili - which yes is more important than my run :-)

1 comment:

Sara said...

just came across your blog and have been perusing through! Pretty amazing what you are doing! I look forward to reading all about the last few weeks and you finishing IM Wisconsin!!