Saturday, August 30, 2008

Typical August Day in DC

Today was a good day.

This morning started with a swim clinic. I figured some last minute pointers would do me some good before the 2.4 mile swim. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I could see where it was beneficial for others. I think I have just been swimming for so long, when I hear things I shouldn't do, but they work for me (breathing out my nose vs. mouth) - I will just stick with what I know. I will take the fact that he didn't comment directly on my stroke - that I am perfect.

I got home, changed and headed out for a run. I saw Jess on the way and met up with Kristin and Lauren at the end. I remember back in the day were we would all run together and K would look for the most uncoordinated outfits - just to get me to blog about her. Anyway, we all headed to Dean and Deluca for lunch, took it to go and headed to a park by the Potomac.

What a perfect afternoon. 3 great friends, tasty lunch, beautiful day (in the shade where the heat/humidity didn't bother us too much), and 2 workouts. After about an hour, we were just laying in the grass watching the people and super cute puppies.

No comments: