Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trying To Take It Easy

Does anyone else have this problem? You are sick/not feeling well/injured and H-A-T-E sitting on the couch even though you know it's the best for you??? Blah. I woke up this morning with a stuffy head, sore throat and just that meh feeling. So, instead of pushing my self to do the full 6 hours I should have done yesterday, I just did my brick - 2+ hours biking and about 45 minutes of running.

My goal was to not push, not worry about speed or distance. I went back to Beach Drive, but Brooke told me there was a hill worth trying. So, I kept going where I normally turn around and took this new route. It was pretty good! More stop lights that forced me to get my clip practice (no falling thank you very much) and rest a bit more. It felt okay, but I am definitely tired.

More importantly, when I am sick with a stuffy head, that means snot rocket practice!! Now what I discovered is there are 3 possible scenarios.
  1. It's good one
  2. It lands on a not good place - shoulder, forearm, or the face of your heart rate monitor
  3. You have no idea where it went.
With 1 and 2, some good or some gross. But I had a lot of 3 today and that makes me a bit uncomfortable. Really, where did they go??? I have 20 days to get this down. And I kind of want one of my Ironman biking pictures to be me attempting to blow a snot rocket...

No comments: