Thursday, August 14, 2008

Being Dizzy Isn't Normal, Is It???

First of all, I think my subconscious wanted me to sleep. I didn't have a very restful night, lots of tossing and turning, but I rolled over at 7:20 am, wondering what was going on. I should have been an hour into my ride. I set my alarm for 5:30 pm, not am... With a 10 o'clock meeting and the fact that I already called in once this week, no morning ride for me. But I think it's okay because the knees are starting to hurt again and I really want a good 6 hour ride Saturday.

But I still had to get a workout in, my temp run. After lunch, I noticed I was having trouble focusing on my computer screen and just had that general dizzy feeling. I got a snack in hopes it would help. Not so much. Mom advised me to drink water, didn't help. So I went to the gym for some treadmill time anyway, even though I couldn't really walk straight.

I felt fine. In fact the best I felt all day. I had a GREAT run and really wish I could transfer my 'speed' on the t-mill to outside. Anyway, when I was stretching, the dizziness came rushing back and I might have fallen over. But I was okay and don't think anyone noticed...

So what made it go away??? RESTAURANT WEEK! We just finished a great dinner at Agraria and half way through my NY Strip, I felt fine. Good food really does make everything better.

1 comment:

Sara said...

that's kinda freaky, definitely could be lack of food?

Anyways, congrats on getting the run in! I do the same with my alarm all the time. But even if it did go off at 5:30 I probably would've thrown in across the bedroom - something I totally have to work on!