Friday, August 22, 2008

I had a hard time focusing today

It's time for another one of Amanda's random thoughts post...

It was too quiet in the office. Jess in vaca. Still getting used to Merissa being gone. Kristin moved offices, but is also gone on vaca. Many of my other co-workers left early. And it's Friday. WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO THINK - and of course very little about work.

Charles sent me this cartoon, along with the "Swim strong. Pedal hard. Run fast!" in the subject. He always tells me this, and I even had it on a post-it attached to my wallet before my half.Love it! I have to admit, I love when people send me articles, stories, pictures of anything Ironman. It just makes me realize that I have imposed myself and goal on everyone around me so much for the past year that when they see anything Ironman - they think of me. It makes me happy.

15 days. I started to think about what I was doing 15 days ago. I was in an all day long meeting and it does not feel like it was 15 days ago. That just reminds me that the next 15 days are going to fly by.

This weekend will be my last hard weekend of training before I start my taper. I am so tired. The bags under my eyes are huge. But it's all still worth it. When anyone asks me about my race, I get those excited butterflies.

I have about 7 THOUSAND lists going of stuff I need to bring, buy, pack. But I am making sure on all of them to put HAVE FUN. It's something I easily forget.

That's about it for tonight. Tomorrow brick, Sunday long ride.

1 comment:

J said...

Ha! Love this cartoon! It's great!