Sunday, August 31, 2008

Good Ride, Good Brunch

Is there any other way to spend a Sunday morning?? I don't think so.

I met up with Brooke and Diane (formally known as D - but she said I could use her name). Nice and early at 7, but it was an amazingly beautiful morning. We get started, I look down to not hit a pot hole, but also ride over something that was dead. GROSS!! I make a squealing noise and Brooke and Diane weren't sure how to react. When I try to explain I rode over something dead, gray-ish and gross, they just kind of laugh at me, and thankful they didn't see it (but Brooke did on the way back). Anyway, it was a nice, easy casual ride. Since I am tapering, I didn't want to push to hard, or do too many hills. That's my reasoning anyway.

After we headed to brunch and I had the great french toast/egg debate. Eggs won. But it was nice to just enjoy the day (we sat on the outside patio) chat about non-tri stuff, and talk about the Ironman in 6 days. Just a really good morning.

Now I am off to pack. I am bringing a TON of stuff. Be prepared - I know how Wisconsin weather can change last minute, especially in September. Right now weather dot com says 72, partly cloudy and 20% chance of precipitation. Perfect - I really hope it stays that way!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"You become what you believe"- I saw this and thought of you! I'm sorry I haven't sent a card or anything, good luck, and have so much fun! I'll be thinking about you in 6 days(when I'm done obsessing over my own life- seriously have you seen this thing?)